Abbey tour (approx. 2.5 hrs)
• reception with coffee or tea and Limburg vlaai
• historic tour of the abbey conducted by an official guide
• afterwards a glass of Rolduc Abbey beer with local savouries
Price: € 14,95 per person (minimum 15 persons)
High Tea (approx. 2 hrs)
English style ‘tea’ with
• various blends of tea
• chocolate almonds
• lavish sandwiches with smoked salmon, French cheese, herb cheese, smoked and cooked ham
• scones with various flavours of jam
• muffins & brownies
• fresh fruit and clotted cream
Price: € 19,00 per person (minimum 20 persons)
Our abbey, the best preserved of its kind in the Netherlands, has a rich past and is well worth a visit. The 900-year old complex can be visited under direction of an experienced guide. See for yourself the very spot where the abbey’s founder built his wooden shrine, where the cannons regular of the Augustinian order lived and worked and where in more recent times, the boarding school was accommodated. The guided tour takes in the Abbey Church, the Crypt, the Rococo library, the Bishop’s lodging and the Abbot’s lodging.
The tour takes about 90 minutes and is available in Dutch, German and English.
You can book a tour separately (€ 47,50 per guide; max. size of group is 25) or as part of a special offer (one of the above mentioned offers of the Limburg specialities offer).